Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today's Tip – I'm not running Track;


I'm not running Track; Keep track your career. Who you've dealt with, where and how well your effort is paying off.

I know, I know you remember everything, why keep notes? Well let me answer that question with one of my own. Whats your parents anniversary date? If that took you a minute to remember on your own that’s not to bad. If you had to look it up you just proved my point. Write it down, don’t loose it. Keep in mind those are your parents, you almost couldn't remember, see my point.

Keeping track of all of your contacts is important. Everyone you meet you should have notes on. Who they are what they do, contact info and family. Put your impressions down anything you can think of, could benefit you and them at some point. You never want to be stuck in a situation where you are saying “I think I know a guy who can help but I cant remember his number.” Worse yet not even the persons name to try and track it down. Business cards are great to have for people but that is only a starting point you want more info, you need it. Being able to connect with someone is a matter of dedication and discipline. If your going to meet with someone being able to ask questions like ”How are the kids?” is better than chatting about the weather. Adding in things like “Didn't little Tommy just have a birthday?” is Awesome. It shows you care about more then what that person you are talking about can do for you. So review your info before that meeting and make a lasting impression.

There are several places online where you can get templates to do this with, we really suggest making your own so you can put in some real details. Name contact info, spouse, kids, parents, pets, plants, hobbies, temperament, buttons :) and on and on and on.

www.ByTheBloodOfTheRoseProductions.com
www.Facebook.com/BBRProductions
www.Twitter.com/BBRPro

No comments:

Post a Comment